Kodable

url.png

Subject: Technologies Year Level: Suitable for all years

Strand: Digital Technologies Sub strand: Digital Technologies Processes and Production Skills

Recognise and explore patterns in data and represent data as pictures, symbols and diagrams (ACTDIK002)

Follow, describe and represent a sequence of steps and decisions (algorithms) needed to solve simple problems (ACTDIP004)

Overview of Kodable: Kodable makes learning to code fun for students. They must drag and drop commands to program their fuzzy character to get through a maze. By doing this, they learn problem solving, computational thinking, sequence, conditions, loops, functions and debugging. These are skill necessary for learning any programming language.

Kodable includes interactive tutorials for each new concept. Students can learn new programming terms and logic without any adult assistance. The tutorials are completely voiced and walk kids through the first problem in each new lesson.

You can also download the app for free on your iPhone, iPad or tablet!

For more information and to purchase visit: https://www.kodable.com/resources

One thought on “Kodable

1. This is a great resource and I found myself enjoying it. It gives students a better understanding of coding and direction while challenging them to think creatively to solve problems. After each level it rewards with coins which they can use to unlock new levels as they progress. It caters to students who require support/extension as there are different levels.
    My only issue is that I can’t save their progress and assess them on this resource. However, I like how it engages students and extends their learning.