Origo Slate

Resource: ORIGO Slate

ORIGO SLATE

Subject: Technologies

Year Level: K – 6

Strand: Digital Technologies

Sub strand: Digital Technologies Knowledge and Understanding
Identify, use and explore digital systems (hardware and software components) for a purpose (ACTDIK001)

Link to the resource: http://www.origoeducation.com/about-slate/?mageloc=AU

Cross curriculum priorities and general capabilities: Literacy, Numeracy, Information and Communication Technology Capabilities (ICT), Critical and Creating thinking.

Links to other Learning Areas: Mathematics

How to use this resource: ORIGO Slate is an online program where teachers log on to teach mathematics. ORIGO Slate is best used on an interactive white board. ORIGO Slate is used as an interactive program to teach mathematics as a hands on activity. It provides ORIGO resources, digital artwork and diagrams, and dynamic teaching tools to engage students throughout all their lessons. Sequenced lessons are all online and correlate with a workbook that all students have.

Review: I personally think that this is a brilliant program to use in terms of linking technology with mathematics. All the lessons online are based on the Australian Curriculum and they are simple to follow. When I used this program during my ATP, I found that it was a great guide to follow and that it was flexible enough for to alter or adapt for different learning abilities.

3 thoughts on “Origo Slate

1. Good review Diyana!

I am unfamiliar with Origo but I have heard that it is a useful resource.
    I like that you make it clear that it relates to the curriculum and can be easily differentiated!

I hope that I am able to use this program in the future 🙂

2. Hi Diyana,
    I loved reading your blog! I used Stepping Stones on my last practicum and found it so helpful and loved the online program! I used it on the Interactive Whiteboard almost everyday.
    Great Job!

3. I love ORIGO i used it on my 3rd year prac but it is definitely important to adapt it as sometimes it can be quite difficult.